Covid-19 Safe Work Practices
As of 12 August 2021 the ACT entered a period of lockdown.
As a result of the new restrictions we will be working from home. This means it may affect response times and there might be a delay with the dispatch of your orders and we ask for your patience.
We are still available to take your calls and emails and to chat about your requirements. We look forward to returning to business as usual in the near future - In the mean time stay safe and healthy.
For any enquiries or status on your orders, please don't hesitate to contact Christine on 0474 070616 or via email to email@example.com.
All staff practice good personal hygiene whilst at work. Good hygiene requires everyone to wash their hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and to dry them completely, preferably using paper towel provided.
Everyone must wash and dry their hands:
- before and after eating
- after coughing or sneezing
- after going to the toilet, and
- when changing tasks and after touching potentially contaminated surfaces.
An alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the active ingredient is used as per the manufacturer’s instructions when it is not possible to wash our hands.
Good hygiene also requires everyone at the workplace to, at all times:
- cover their coughs and sneezes with their elbow or a clean tissue (and no spitting)
- avoid touching their face, eyes, nose and mouth
- dispose of tissues and cigarette butts hygienically, e.g. in closed bins
- wash their hands before and after smoking a cigarette
- clean and disinfect shared equipment and plant after use
- wash body, hair (including facial hair) and clothes thoroughly every day, and
- have no intentional physical contact, for example, shaking hands and patting backs.
Whilst it is acknowledged that there is a low risk of contracting the virus from cardboard, as an added precaution any deliveries into our warehouse are left in a quarantine area for 24 hours before opening.
Packing your order
All staff ensure that they wash and completely dry their hands prior to packing each order. An alcohol-based hand sanitiser with at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol as the active ingredient is used as per the manufacturer’s instructions when it is not possible to wash our hands.
Our drivers will always:
- ensure they leave the warehouse with clean dry hands
- use the hand sanitiser in the vehicle as often as is required and between deliveries
- practice safe distancing when dealing with customers and members of the public
- use caution to ensure contactless deliveries are carried out
Some drivers may choose to wear disposable gloves, but it is important to note that gloves are not used as a substitute for practising personal hygiene methods and will be changed between deliveries and tasks as required.